Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Girls Go to College to Get More Knowledge

...at least I am. As some of you know, I have decided to get a start on my second career. (What happened to the first one? I am calling it 20 years of being surrounded by kid stuff- from college to daycare to raising my own kids to substitute teaching.)

I made the decision to take the prerequisites for a degree in nursing and started my first 2 classes today. Fundamentals of Chemistry and Anatomy. Maybe I've made a mistake. I can't yet figure out why a nurse needs to be able to figure out...The density of titanium is 4.54 g/mL. What is the mass, in grams, of 17.3 mL of titanium? I hope it will become clear in the weeks to come, just as I hope the answer to the problem will become clear to me in the weeks to come.

To show my dedication to my classes, I give you the opening of the $188.00 book...


and the CD of the Interactive Cadaver Dissection Experience that tons of the grade will be based on.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I always feel a little strange cracking open my books for the first time too.

You did not make a mistake. It will get easier (not the work, just the routine).

Can I play with that interactive cadaver thingy? It looks fun!

Amy said...

Most people wait for the first test to get nervous and question their decisions...you start right off with opening your books. Should be an interesting ride.
Did Deanna say thingy? What would that do to a blog's reading level? Riley might like to play with that thingy, too.

Elizabeth said...

Sweet, cadavar cd.

And don't worry, everybody has those classes where they sit through them wondering when they will actually use it. Mine was Humanities.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! (and proud of you, if you don't mind my saying)

Good luck!

April said...

We can have a cadaver dissection party if, I mean, when I pass this class!

Anonymous said...

torebki kazar sklep internetowy
to torebki skorzane , kazar , torebki skórzane damskie . torebki online , torebki david jones ?