Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Must...Start...New...Project...

Ok, knitting plans. I know I have an inability to finish anything I start. I know I have a bunch of stuff just waiting for me to decide to pick it up and finish it. But I feel compelled to get started on the Zephyr Tree Jacket . Must order the pattern, must order yarn, must order a 20 inch circular needle, must order common sense.

I do work on things though. That ponchette of the disastrous gauge is almost done (for Claire).


Pretty lace edging.

And in other news...My son survived the sword fight and the H.S. band received a I (one) rating at the marching band festival last night!!! Great job!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You won’t be disappointed once you get going on Tree Jacket. I don’t remember if the Cotton Ease came in purple but the pattern would look great in a vibrant colour. The Zephyr Gals also recommended Knit Picks Andean Silk if you want natural fibers and are willing to invest a bit more in the sweater. I couldn’t do it this time around – too many other projects that have cost me too much on the go (hee hee).

Good luck and happy knitting!

Deanna said...

That is really pretty. I had no idea you were so talented. What are you going to make for me? ;)

Amy said...

If she starts now, you may have a lap blanket done in time to check into the old folks home...a joke about procrastination, not age. Seriously, I think that blue will look beautiful on Claire! You are a talented knitter, will you teach me on the sailboat?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted a link to a "Zephyr Tree Jacket".. I thought it was something to keep one of your fancy garden trees warm and toasty over the winter. And.. sword fighting at marching band festivals? Is this a new school activity out there in the boonies??