Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's My Birthday

So today is my birthday and here I sit browsing through blogs and trying to get inspiration for my own.

When I was younger I thought I would know so much by now...I have been sadly disappointed. It is so true that the older you get, the more aware you become of how much you still don't know. It seems that with every birthday I add to my list of things I haven't done that I would like to try and things I still need to learn. Is this a sign of awareness of my own mortality and the fact that the years seem to be slipping by? How each year brings me to the fact that I probably have more behind than in front?

I don't think that is it. I think that with age is coming a better awareness of the world and all it has to offer. I also don't feel OLD like I always thought someone my age should feel. I actually feel better and younger than I did in my twenties.

So for a awhile yet I can still describe myself as thirty something and to the years to come I say...Bring it on! Happy Birthday to me!

Here is a little something I learned through my browsing today:

$4525.00The Cadaver Calculator - Find out how much your body is worth

Mingle2 - Online Dating




I also found out that:

61%

Mingle2 - Free Online Dating



So my day wasn't wasted! (Ignore the online dating part, unless you don't want to)

6 comments:

JC said...

Happy Birthday! And many more...
Great shiny shot, also, don't know how I missed it yesterday but glad I took another look.

Nature Girl said...

Happy Birthday! Your birthday was exactly one week after mine. I am also in my 30's, also took the above 2 tests, (plus a couple more) and also lived in MI for a time. We have some things in common!
I hope your weekend is FAB!
Stacie

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

Leslie said...

Happy happy Birthday! Your post today reminded me of the lyrics to U2's City of Blinding Lights song.

Deanna said...

So, I just thought I would let you know that your body is worth more then mine and mine is physically younger. I thought that might make you feel good :-)

Deanna said...

Okay, so it hasn't been your birthday for over a week now... I need a new post :)