Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wildlife

I thought I would share a few pictures of the wildlife around my house. I live out in the country and you never know who will come to visit.

First, not so wild is the dumbest dog on the face of the earth, Jack. I took this picture after hearing horrible whining coming from outside. He had somehow gotten the bottom of the downspout off the house and onto his foot and leg. It is difficult to see, but it is completely wedged onto his front right foot. I absolutely couldn't get it off so we had to wait until my husband got home to get it off. We had a great time keeping him calm and off the leg for three hours!



This is one of the many skinny friends who has decided that the best place to live is in one of my gardens. We seem to be a bit overrun by snakes this year, so I am blaming the weeds on them. There is no way I am reaching my hands in and touching one of them.
This nice guy came over last night during my daughters 16th birthday pool party. I should have put something next to him for size, but believe me when I tell you he is really big. Over a foot long and he can really move quick!
I'll add more animal pictures soon...I know many of you love cats, so I'll be sure to get some pics of our cat up!



2 comments:

Deanna said...

That snake looks like a rattler, was it?

Love the rest of the pics, although the snake freaks me out a bit!

April said...

I sure hope it's not a rattler, I have pictures of Eric holding it up!