Sunday, October 14, 2007

Homecoming

Last night was the big homecoming dance. I now have 2 kids in high school so we had double the fun getting all dressed up and ready to go. Here are the results...

And with their dates...

Back in the dark ages when I was in high school the homecoming dance meant walking from the football field back to the school where we danced the night away in our jeans and sweatshirts. How times have changed.

I think that I wouldn't have gone to the dance if it had been like today. I just wouldn't have been able to go out and buy a new dress and shoes for something like that. I will save my commentary on the state of money and kids in 2007 for another post. For now, enjoy the pictures of the girls in the dresses purchased for this dance, never to be worn again...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure get to wear much prettier dresses than we did back then. Remember renting a crenlin(sp?) for prom?
They look so grown up! I hope they had a great time.

Deanna said...

Homecoming was the same way for us... right after the football game. All dances have to be huge events now.

The kids look great!

Amy said...

Oh, the things I have to look forward to...